Many Uses of Large S Hooks or Safety Hooks
S hooks or safety hooks can be used in a variety of applications. They are primarily used for hanging air hoses, electrical cords and welding cables to keep them away from walkways and work floors. This eliminates trip hazards by properly storing coiled cables out of the way. Large S hooks are also good for organizing work and storage areas. Hoses coiled on the floor are trip hazards. Use S Hooks to organize coiled hoses for safer work areas.
Unique applications of S Hooks
Some of our customers have used Spanwell’s S Hooks for unique applications such as:
- Bicycle Enthusiasts: S Hooks are the simplest device for hanging bicycles from a pipe
- Industrial Supply Distributors and Hardware Retailers: For creating storage systems
- Shipyards: For storing welding cables and air hoses
- Man lifts or Scissor lifts: Hang tool buckets from the side
- Recreation: For hanging items in your boats, RVs, four-wheeler ATVs and for hanging dead deer or elk on hunting trips
- NOTE: Hooks are not for lifting.
- Industrial Construction & Maintenance
- Oil Well/Oilfield Companies
- Petrochemical Companies and Oil Refineries
- Power Generation
- Electrical Contractors
- Storage and Warehousing
Using Hang-It™ Clamp and Telescopic Pole
Spanwell extra-large S Hooks work in tandem with the Spanwell Hang-It™ Clamp for hanging S hooks in an all-beam environment. Suspend any of our S Hooks from our patented Hang-It™ Clamp set-screwed to any flat surface with a 0.750 flange thickness or less.
The Telescopic Pole extends from 4′ to 8′ and eliminates the need for a ladder when hanging S Hooks. Use the Telescopic Pole to hang large S Hooks or to load electrical cables, cords and welding lead into the S Hook. Keep workers safely on the ground and eliminate the hazard of using a ladder.